- Jane Addiction
- The Last Antiwar Poem
- The Worst Pulp Novelist Ever: Remembering Leo Guild
- Words and music: The literary afterlife of the Fall
- Susan Sontag: Pay attention to the world
- Joyceans bent on resolving playful 'Wake'
- Is Joan of Arc the prototype for modern celebrity?
- In pursuit of Anthony Burgess: Bell bottoms in the rainforest
- Mishima's Sword: Travels in Search of a Samurai Legend
- Souls of the new machine: How our reliance on the online universe can endanger the vital tool of narrative
Tuesday, March 20
One of these days I might get back to blogging semi-regularly about what I am reading. But as I am squeamish about turning this into my personal reading journal, rather short on time and not entirely sure a soul on earth even visits this blog, I don't believe it's in the cards. I am now reading Nick Hornby's Housekeeping vs. The Dirt, a fine example of the type of casual, personal accounts of a reader's life that might just thrive on this page. I recently discovered Salon's Literary Guide to the World. I am fairly certain this is not a new creation but it's new to me, and it's quite exciting. But that's about all I got right now. Here are some interesting articles: