Tuesday, December 4

I will be the turtle. Who is the hare?

Has everyone enjoyed the journey thus far? I have made it just into Book II. I think I need to go back and re-read the beginning to remember who everyone is. Bros-K is so Russian!

I bought a copy from Dave's Olde Book Shoppe down in Hermosa Beach. It seems to be the nearest independent bookstore near me. I like it. My book is a 1919 Modern Library publication, the first edition of that printing. It's small, bound in blue cloth, with thin translucent pages like a bible.

I don't think I'm ready for any substantive discussion, but those of you who are a bit speedier, have at it!

2 comments:

MJA said...

Er, tortoise.

Ben said...

Yo, these names are getting the better of me, dawg! Especially Mitka, that one gets me each and every time. Choose a name and stick with it, Dos. If you wanna go with a nickname, choose one, not four!

But I must confess, even if Dos were to follow my nomenclature guidelines I would still be in a bit of a fog. I sit just inside of Book Three but my reading of the previous 80 pages has been lazy. I have failed to make time for Dos. Instead I have read on the bus where I struggle to maintain focus.

I've been busy at work, I've been a bit under the weather and, most importantly, The Wire Season 3 became available in the library and I was forced to burn through it and put the Brothers on hold.

One topic I already know I'll be interested in discussing is the humor in this book. Because there is certainly is some humor. But other than that I've got to get myself more committed to this exercise.